Here are a few tips that will help your closing go as smooth as possible:
- Review your Closing Statement prior to closing.
- Bring a legal form of photo Identification (driver’s license, state issued ID or passport).
- Lenders may allow seller to pay buyer’s “prepaid items.” If so, make sure these items have been addressed prior to closing.
- Lenders seldom allow credits on closing statements to appear as a lump sum for closing costs or credit for repairs. Make sure these items are listed separately.
- Do not assume that your lender has approved special considerations such as leasebacks. Check with the lender regarding special or unusual contract conditions and get approval for any and all of them in writing.
- Realtor commissions or third-party items to be paid at time of closing require lender approval and should be noted accordingly.
Avoid Closing Delays
Things happen all the time that can cause delays in closing. If any of the following applies to you, contact your representative at Paradise Coast Title & Escrow immediately so that we may investigate the matter fully and avoid closing delays:
- Death of Buyer or Seller
- Existing Contract or Deed
- Foreign Sellers
- Guardianship or Incompetence of Seller
- Liens or Judgments against Property Owners
- Marital Separation
- Marriage (of Buyer or Seller)
- Power of Attorney
- Property Easements (new)
- Property Owners’ Death
- Shared driveways